- Facing Reality
- First Steps
- Know Your Options
- Do Nothing
- Depend on Family and Friends
- Purchase Insurance
- Next Steps
- California Agencies
- Partnership-certified companies
- Comparison Rate Sheets
- The Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy (HICAP)
- Federal Long-Term Care Policy Information
- Medicare Educational Information
- Taking Care of Tomorrow
- Consumer Rate Guide: Long-Term Care Insurance
- Caregiving Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does LTC cost in your county?
- Planning Tools
- Agent Resource Center (Agents only)
- Field Poll Summary
- The California Partnership Direct Mail Campaign Mailer
A Partnership policy costs about the same or slightly less than other policies that offer similar coverage. Each insurance company offering Partnership policies has its own premium rates. However, the younger you are when you purchase coverage, the less expensive your premium will be. That is a good reason to buy earlier.
Unlike other policies, Partnership policies include lifetime asset protection and access to Medi-Cal services should you ever need them – an invaluable added benefit at no extra cost. This added protection and peace of mind comes only with the purchase of a Partnership policy.
Because of the Partnership’s asset protection feature, you don’t have to worry that you may run out of insurance benefits and end up spending the savings that you hoped to protect by having to pay for ongoing care needs. The asset protection feature allows you to purchase policies with coverage equal to the amount of assets you want to protect, from approximately $47,000 up to your total assets, with the assurance that these assets are protected for life, no matter how extended or expensive your long-term careCare given to someone who can no longer perform activities of daily living. needs may be. Without a Partnership policy, you could only achieve lifetime asset protection by purchasing lifetime insurance coverage – something most people cannot afford.